Friday 25 April 2014

Peru

I live in Peru. Peru is in South America.  The city of Peru that I live in is Lima.  I live by the beach and it is quiet where I live but it is the city.  I think it is quiet because of the beach.  The beach is covered in rubbish and there is a flag that says "No saludable" which means "Not healthy" in English.  

They speak Spanish in Peru.  In the jungle, some people speak Shipibo, a jungle language.  I can speak Spanish and English.  I also speak a little bit of Shipibo because we have some Shipibo guys in our community who taught me some Shipibo. 


My favourite food is Aji de Gallina which means Chicken Chili.


My favorite drink is chicha morada, which is made from pineapple skins, purple corn, cinnamon and cloves boiled together in water.  


I like living in Peru because there are lots of things to do.  For example, in the summer you can go out for a swim. 


In January and February last year I went to the Club Cultural, where I did Karate, Fencing, Football and Swimming.  Everybody has to do swimming, but it got boring after a while.  My most favourite was Karate.  It has been a while, but I still remember the moves. There was something I didn't like about Karate though - there was hundreds of ants on the floor and they kept climbing on my leg and I had to keep killing them and picking them up.  

I love Peru.  

2 comments:

  1. My favourite food as a little girl growig up in Peru was a aji de gallina and I still cook it sometimes now. Chicha morada was my brother's favourite drink but I really didn't like it. My mum used to make me a lemon cordial with fresh lemons from the market.

    I used to love long summer holidays, going to the beach out of Lima where it was cleaner! You had to get past the huge waves so that you could swim in the calmer water. In some places the waves were so high grown men would get flipped over by the waves. That looked pretty scary to me.

    I still remember the smell of Lima and everywhere you went little boys your age wanting to shine your shoes to earn a few soles.

    I loved living in Peru too.

    Keep writing Daniel, it's great to read about your life in Peru. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, I really like it!
    --Daniel

    ReplyDelete